Thursday, June 21, 2012

Game 5 thoughts...

This series kind of reminds me of the 2004 Finals between the Lakers and the Pistons...

Now in that series, Detroit upset the Lake-Show at Staples in Game 1, and then the Lakers won Game 2 before going to Detroit for 3 games...The Lakers got spanked by 20 in Game 3 and everyone (including myself) felt, ok, perfect, here comes the Lakers in a nice bounce-back spot in Game 4...

Didn't happen...Pistons won by 8...And Detroit ended up putting away the Lakers by 13 in Game 5 to end the series...

Now I understand that OKC won Game 1 this year and that there haven't been any blowouts between OKC & Miami, BUT the similarity for me is the fact that the Game 4 line showed clearly that the public thought that OKC would win Game 4 and yet again, now, in Game 5, the line opened at 3 and is still only 3.5...People still think OKC is going to win a game in Miami...

I severely doubt it...

I said in this blog after the Game 3 loss that OKC was done and that this series was NOT going back to OKC...

I have missed the 1st half of 2 games in the Finals, but have seen every other quarter...

The refs are not giving Durant the same courtesy as Wade and LeBron and by that, I mean they are calling ticky-tack fouls on KD and calling fouls on him where Durant got all ball...Meanwhile, LeBron is allowed to grab Durant and foul him 3 times on the final shot of the game in Game 2 and after Durant misses (because he got fouled by LeBron), leBron then grabs Westbrook's arm as Westbrook is getting the rebound, so he lost the rebound and again, NO CALL on LeBron...

Not to mention all the non-calls against Wade & LeBron where they have basically raped and pillaged OKC players the entire series with virtually no whistles...

Now yes, I am rooting for OKC to win this series, but I have liked Miami the last 2 games with the low lines as I saw value there...Same with tonight...The Value is there with 3.5...

James Harden just has not played well, and that has killed OKC the last 2 games...Be a different series had he played well...OKC could be up 3-1 or at worst, tied 2-2...

OKC has to play a near perfect game to win as they are also playing against the refs in this series, so as I said before Game 4, I don't see this series going back to OKC...

Lean to Miami, but I am not betting it, so it's not an "official" play...

No comments:

Post a Comment