Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Week 3 glances...

I don't like to whine, but I will briefly anyway...

I have talked about 4 games so far this NFL season and they have gone 3-1, but the one game I played out of the 4 lost...Guess I should have just played all 4 because 3 of them were easy winners and the loss, the Eagles, a 2.5-point FAV when I got it, won the damn game but didn't cover 2.5...

And to be frank, that should have been a cakewalk cover...The Eagles had over 480 yards of offense and quite frankly, dominated that game from start to finish...4 more turnovers...3 in the red zone and the 4th also in Raven's territory...So many points lost on those turnovers...Maybe 24 points, 20, 16, but even 3 more garners a cover...

You just cannot handicap turnovers...That is why I stated many times before that the NFL is the toughest North American sport to handicap...

But we love this sport, so we keep trying...

The one line that I like right off the bat (well, actually a total) is the Chiefs/Saints game...The Chiefs have allowed 83 points and the Saints (maybe Aint's again this season?) haven't been much better, giving up 75 in two games...So these teams are averaging 79 points a game between them, which makes a total of 53 indoors look miniscule, to be frank...

But you know what they say, if it looks too easy, you may be falling into a trap...

Still, I am not sure how that is going to stay Under...

The G'Men go Thursday again, and I think they will lose again...Line looks kinda trappish to me, but hey, maybe it is right where it should be...I know I won't bet it though as I prefer to bet teams good teams coming off losses in the NFL, especially if they are playing teams off a big win...

Speaking of which, how about the Jets/Dolphins game?...Fits the bill to a tee...Jets have played well in Miami in recent visits in South Florida...They also just got throttled by the Steelers last week while Miami kicked the crap out of Oakland as Reggie Bush ran wild...

If the Eagles ever stop turning the ball over, they are going to murder someone...A 3-touchdown win...MArk my words...Arizona is a possible victim...They had 255 and 253 yards of offense their first 2 games and now they meet the Philly defense...Going to be a long day for former Eagle Kevin Kolb, I suspect, and I like Kolb a lot and wanted him to start over McNabb when Donovan was stinking up the field and throwing worm-burners his final couple of seasons with Philly, but when Vick came along, well, Kolb had to go...

And I think the Eagles will cover this one, as I suspect that famous trend of mine will come in this weekend...For those of you have followed me throughout the years, I am talking about the "brewers7 was on this team one game too early" trend...We'll see...

Maybe I will break out my first teaser this week, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment