Tuesday, December 27, 2011

3-games-in-3-days trend debuts tonight...

I loved this trend during the strike-shortened 1998-99 season...Loved it...Did very well with it...There were 64 teams who had a 3-in-3 spot that season...

But, as they say, past performance does NOT guarantee future results...So I cannot assume that the Away Teams will clean up covering all games where either the away team, home team or both teams were playing their third game in 3 days...

I will break down those numbers later tonight...

For now, I have to look at the only team in 1998-99 who played 3 straight right out of the gate like the Lakers are doing tonight...

The Atlanta Hawks started out quick in 1998-99, winning 4 of their first 5, and their only loss was that 3rd game in 3 nights spot...It was also the back-end of a home-and-home with NJ...NJ was rested for the front-end at ATL, but the Hawks won by 5, Not Covering the 5.5 point spread...Both teams then went to NJ where the Nets won by 10 the following night...

Which, unfortunately, doesn't compare too well to this Lakers' situation tonight, because LAL is 0-2 SU compared to the Hawks 2-0 SU 13 seasons ago and the Lakers are coming Home for this 3rd game while the Hawks were on the Road...

I will break down the totals later, too, but there were more Overs than Unders...

But since the Away Teams had major success covering spreads in all 3-in-3 situations in 1998-99, the default play this season will always be "take the Away team", unless evidence later in the season dictates we need to reverse this...

With the Lakers at 0-2 to start the season, I actually see some value with the Lake-Show...I doubt if I will take them, but this more or less looks like a no-play for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment