Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thur/Fri thoughts...

The line is creeping up on the SA/OKC game...

I will probably regret this, but I am going to pass on this game...I have fairly strong opinions on both Game 3's...

For me, it is take OKC or don't play the game...

This is their season...It's over if they lose tonight...SA has won 20 straight...This is the spot, tonight, where this streak should end...

I guess maybe the 4.5 scares me slightly, or just enough not to play this one...OKC could blow this team out, BUT, this SA team is tough to blow out...Their 2 biggest losses with the Big 3 playing (Parker, Ginobili & Duncan) was 14 and 20, and the 20-point loss was at Houston on a back-ender and the 14-point loss was the last game the Spurs have lost before winning 20 straight, a home loss to the Lake-Show...

I believe OKC will be up double-digits at some point, but the Spurs will make their runs...

I also believe that Friday's game only has one play...One way to go:

Miami Heat...

Take the Heat or don't play the game...I may even post this one shortly...

Game 2 was just too devastating a loss to bounce back from in my opinion...Don't get me wrong, if any team can bounce back from a loss like that, it is the Celtics, with those veterans, but with only one day's rest with heavy minutes for everyone, man, I just don't know...

Magic Johnson basically said that last night and he talked about it from a former NBA player's perspective...Then after he said it, he quickly said, "But, it's the Celtics, and anything can happen with the Celtics"...But his first-blush reaction, his instincts told him the series is over and Miami will essentially end the series in Game 3 for all intents and purposes...

It took the Heat 2 games to make the adjustment without Bosh, but boy, have they ever made the adjustment...

They erased a 15-point deficit in game 2 and led by 8 early in the 4Q before Boston reached down deep and came back to take the lead before losing in OT...

But Boston's valiant fight in the 4th quarter of Game 2 may have just about emptied their gas tank...

We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment