Friday, February 3, 2012

Miami/Philly...

I told a lot of people before the 2010-11 season and even more people before this season that the Sixers are going to have a good season...

Not because they are my favorite team...Heck, I rarely even watch their games any more since I have had the NBA package on DirecTv the past 6+ years...I watch Golden State games, Lakers games, Clippers games, Knicks games, Nets games and whatever other games I happen to be interested in...

But the reason I made those statements is because Doug Collins is an excellent coach...Much like Larry Brown got the most out of his teams (got the Clippers to the playoffs, Bobcats to the playoffs and Sixers and Pacers to the Finals, and Pistons a championship), Collins has gotten the most out of this Sixers' team...Can you name more than 3 players on this Sixers' squad?...

Philly has been the best cover team in the league since their 3-13 start last season...

But they have matchup issues with this Heat team...They have lost 8 of their last 9 games vs. the Heat since the start of last season...The Sixers only win came when they were down 3-0 in the first round of the playoffs last season...

As far as their earlier matchup this season (2 weeks ago), I did watch a lot of that game...And Philly played into Miami's hands...They played a fast, frenetic pace which the Heat thrive on...

Doug Collins certainly will make adjustments...Philly needs to slow it down and play a lot of zone defense...

Will that happen?...

We'll see, but Philly's speed and athleticism is neutralized by Miami's speed and athleticism...The Heat ran away and hid in that 113-92 win at Miami 2 weeks ago...So I would expect Coach Collins to slow this puppy down significantly and try and make this a half-court battle...

But I personally think the Sixers will get sucked in again to Miami's style and go down in flames...

I hope I am wrong...But I think the Heat cover this one...Although I will pass on this game for one reason and one reason only:

Doug Collins is a great coach...

Hard to bet against him in this revenge spot as I am sure he has a game-plan mapped out for this game...

No comments:

Post a Comment