Monday, February 20, 2012

passing on Port 2H...

I am probably stupid for passing on this one, BUT it doesn't qualify as a play by my criteria, however, as a value play, this one is off the charts...PORT can lose by 18 and we push, lose by 17 or less and we win...Hard to pass that up, but since I am 2-0 on the night and already feel stupid for not betting the game line for the Lakers (and the only reason I passed there is because NJ won easily and the Hornets back-doored their number as I felt strongly they would), so I played the odds and figured it's tough for most people to go 3-0 in the NBA on their top 3 picks (even me), so I passed...

I am also passing on this PORT/LAL Over 2H as it is a borderline play as I wonder about something a Swedish professional handicapper told me about 6 years ago when I used to talk to him online daily during the NBA season, and that was when the 2Q is somewhat significantly higher-scoring than the 1Q, then the 2H will go Over...

I will have to research that one in my database, after all, I have 31 seasons to back-check this with...It makes sense and I have seen it happen plenty of times, but I guess I am going to have to sit down and one day and crunch those numbers a few different ways to see if there is any truth to that theory...

But man, I don't see how Portland doesn't cover this 2H line, I really don't...

No comments:

Post a Comment