Thursday, January 26, 2012

Orlando tonight?...Hmmm...

Overall: 24-14-1

NBA: 22-14-1

Record is being tracked on a tracking site...

Site: Tracking

I am torn here with this Orlando game...

Same situation (for me trying to decide whether to play this or not) as the Wizards game last night...The Wizards had a GREAT situational spot, but I didn't like the inflated line as there was no value in that line...So I let the line scare me off a game where the situational spot has been a proven winner over the years (5-0 ATS this season, counting the NFL)...

Now another one of my favorite spots arises tonight...The short-revenge spot, where 2 teams play each other twice during the same week...The short-handed Celtics slaughtered the Magic by 31 at Boston 3 days ago...So the Magic are the "automatic" play for me tonight in this short-revenge spot...And my "automatic plays" do well season in and season out for years...

But again, I just don't like the line...No value there for me...I can see this getting back-doored...

Yet I remember a handicapper giving me this advice over 20 years ago: "Don't even look at the line. If the situational spot is a proven winner, then the line doesn't even matter"...

And I am torn there, too, with that advice, because I generally will look for value in a line wherever I can find it...Although there are instances where I simply don't care what the line is when a super-strong spot comes up...

Is this a super-strong spot?...

I said at the start of this week that I am determined to have a good week and all 7 plays I talked about and liked this week have won...7-0...I only played 4 of them, but still...

I like Orlando here as the situational spot SCREAMS for a pick on them, but I will wait until the TNT pregame show to make sure Rondo isn't playing for Boston and then I will make the decision...But I am leaning to making Orlando a play tonight...

We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment