Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday NBA looks & a MLB play...

Detroit Tigers -0.5 (5 innings), laying $123 to win $100 -- Not crazy about the juice, as I was going to take the +123 on the Run-Line for the game with Detroit -1.5, but I figured if Detroit isn't covering 1/2 a run after 5 innings, they aren't going to cover 1.5 runs in 9 innings...Yankees offense obviously struggling mightily and Verlander would seem to be the wrong pitcher to break out against...Phil Hughes is hit or miss, and as EJ at the ThinkDog forum pointed out to me today, Hughes has allowed a HR in every game he has started this season (except for one)...

GL...

NBA Looks...

First, I broke one of my old rules last night, which backfired, and that is, that I should never bet a game where I liked one side and then later changed my mind to the other side...Although I did cap the game correctly (in my eyes) as every player I thought would play for HOU and I was right about Lin not playing...I also had a hunch Nowitzki wouldn't play as he is nursing a minor knee injury that forced him to sit out the previous preseason game and sure enough, Nowitzki didn't play, but Dallas still caught fire in the 2H and shot 51.6% from the floor for the game, which is very high for a preseason game...

And of course, Philly kills Boston, but I let the 2.5 point line movement take me off the game because I "lost value"...I didn't want to bet it at 4 after it sat at 1.5 all day...I need to get out of that mode because most of the time, 2.5 points, whether it's a Book adjustment or it's steam, does NOT matter...

On to tonight...

The Nets/Celtics look like Trap-City to me...

I like the Celtics here as Garnett is playing tonight for Boston...

I cannot find anywhere online whether Joe Johnson (37+ minutes last night) and Deron Williams (31+ minutes last night) are going to play or not...

Coach Avery Johnson played them both extra minutes because he wanted the Nets to win their first-ever game in Brooklyn at the new arena...Joe Johnson even admitted after the game that he was surprised to be going back in to the game with just over 3 minutes left...And Johnson admitted he wanted the win to give the fans "a good feeling" leaving the arena in the first Nets' game to be played in Brooklyn...

I am at work and don't get the NBA channel at work, but if anyone looking at my blog sees on NBA TV that Johnson and/or Williams is NOT playing for Brooklyn tonight, post a comment on my blog because I'll probably bet it at that point...I WANT to bet it now, but don't want to if those 2 play, even though I KNOW they will play reduced minutes tonight, if they play at all because the Nets have 4 games in 5 nights and this is game #2 during this stretch...

I lean to Utah, too, but really haven't looked at it yet...


No comments:

Post a Comment