Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday's thoughts...

12/14

Ok, I know my 76ers have covered 8 straight and coach Doug Collins has this team playing well, but they are small FAVs on the road?...A team that is 1-10 on the Road?...Sixers are one of the best if not the best ATS teams in the NBA right now, but people who have followed me over the years know I like to jump on streaks up to a point and then I like to predict the exact time they will end...Lots of streaks running right now, too, SU (straight up) wise and ATS-wise...Dallas has their 12-game win streak snapped last night...Heat have won 9 straight and had covered 7 in a row until pushing (n the closing line) last night...GS has lost 7 straight...BOS has won 10 straight and NY has won 8 straight...CLE has been atrocious in losing 8 straight while CHI has made the adjustment to Boozer joining the team and has won 6 straight...

Back to the Philly game though...I like this NJ team, despite ther 6-18 record as they are 12-12 ATS on the season, but they are a better team than last season's debacle...The Nets come into this game with a 7-game losing streak of their own, but this is one of those games on the schedule that losing teams circle as a game they can win...I do like the Nets here to win this one...

I cannot remember if I have ever bet 10.5-point chalk on the Road in my entire NBA handicapping/betting career, but if I ever was going to, I'd take the Lake-Show tonight as they can name their margin of victory tonight at the Wiz...With Wall & Blatche out and Arenas banged up, The Lakers should win this by at least 15...They were way up against WAS on 12/7 at Staples, before WAS made a 2H run to make the game close and cover as the 2-time defending champs lost interest and focus and let them back in it...LAL has covered just once in their last 10 games and I think they get a blowout here tonight...

The other game that jumped out at me a little was the Min/GS game as I like this one Over the total...I mentioned on therx before the season started that this GS team was going to be an Under team and they have been 16-8 to the Under on the season...With that said, the Warriors have not had more than 3 Unders in a row all season and with the Under last night at Utah, GS has now gone Under 3 straight again...Curry is doubtful, so this will stifle the GS offense, of course, but Minny is certainly capable of pusing the pace and the Warriors may be just fine with that and at Oracle, that 214.5 is attainable, even without Curry...

No comments:

Post a Comment