Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday play...

Well, as I often say after a tough loss in the NBA, "Tomorrow is another day", and tomorrow starts now as I will grab the Heat against my Sixers while they are plus-juice...

Miami Heat -3.5, laying $100 to win $103 -- I am not sure where this line will move...I assume it will go off around 4...Sure, Philly is motivated here for sure as Miami eliminated them from the playoffs last year and the Heat have blown Philly out twice this year...Although the last game, at Philly, was a little deceiving as that was a 4-point game entering the 4Q before Miami squashed Philly by 16 points in the 4Q to win by 20...I said on this blog before that game that Philly has match-up issues with the Heat...The Sixers are a poor man's Heat...Philly is very athletic and quick and plays great defense (#1 in the league in FG% allowed and PPG allowed), but Miami is 6th in FG% allowed...The Heat is just as athletic and quick as Philly is and probably even more so...To me, Philly isn't going to beat Miami playing their normal style, because Miami plays the same style and the Heat have the better horses...I have seen it already twice this season with a 21-point loss at Miami and the afore-mentioned 20-point loss at Philly...And yes, Philly has some serious revenge motivation here, but the Heat have lost 2 straight coming into this one and are highly motivated to end this little losing streak, so they have plenty of motivation themselves...Philly hasn't played well since their 18-7 start, going just 7-11 since then SU as they certainly have lost a lot of steam...Sure, they have beaten some tough teams, but they caught some of those teams in favorable spots, missing key players...Most of Philly's wins have come against inferior competition...As much as I love my Sixers and hate the Heat, money is money, and I never let my favorite teams get in the way of making some cash...

GL...

No comments:

Post a Comment