Thursday, March 22, 2012

quick looks THUR...

Got to get to a meeting, so I will pass on any game actions and stalk 2H lines...

Clips in a tough spot here, 3rd game in 3 days, 5th game in 6 days and 9th game in 12 days...BRUTAL stretch...Only consolation here is that NO is on a back-ender and the Clips have a revenge spot after losing to the Hornets a month ago...To me, it's the Hornets or stay away...

And the trap of the night is Memphis at Portland...

How can you possibly take PORT here only getting a point you are asking?...

Well, to me it's either take PORT or stay away from the game...I switched back and forth and saw a lot of the MEMP/SAC game and the MILW/PORT game 2 nights ago as they were on DTV at the same time...

The Blazers bench started that game 0-for-22 and finished 2-for-29 as Jamal Crawford and others had horrible games for PORT off the bench...And Crawford reminds me of the "microwave", Vinnie Johnson from the Pistons of the late 80s (dating myself here) and he only had one bucket for the game (took 9 shots, I believe) and that kind of shooting from their bench cost me that Over...

But losing by 29 points at home creates a huge bounce-back spot for PORT, while Memphis has gotten Zach Randolph back, yes, but the Grizz looked out of sync with him back in the lineup...So Memphis is going to have an adjustment phase here as they reset their rotations to get Randolph his minutes, so this could actually be a very good spot to take Portland...

Although I don't have the guts to do it...

And the Bucks have covered 8 straight to match the highest Cover streak of the season as SA had a C8 earlier in the year...Most streaks end at 7, whether it's C, NC, Over or Under, and I don't think there has been a streak of any kind go over 8 yet this season, so I am a bit wary to take MILW here even though BOS is on the 7th game of an 8-game road trip...Although I always say to ride these streaks out till they bust and then when they bust, you go the other way and THAT is called a "chart-play" for those who have followed me for many years will know...

Be back if there are any good 2H opportunities...

2 comments:

  1. I'm playing Portland, like the bounce-back angle.

    GL on the 2H's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and GL to you tonight...

    ReplyDelete