Sunday, March 18, 2012

leaning to LAL 2H...

But not taking it...

I have probably watched more Lakers games than any other team in the league the last 4+ years (since I started working at the academy and not getting home till 10:00 or later every weeknight)...

And THAT is why I am not taking them here...I have seen them coast so many times in the 2H and get back-doored in the 4Q at Staples...

This doesn't even qualify as a play with my criteria, BUT, one thing I don't factor in for the 2H sides are turnovers...And the Lake-Show had a whopping 17 turnovers in the 1H tonight...So to me, based on the turnovers "returning to the mean" and with the 2H line "crossing zero" and you only need the Lakers to win by 7 (only "key" number in the NBA) in this game for a push on the 2H line, it is worth some consideration...But for me if the 2H number puts the winning margin at 7 for a push, I'll usually pass, but if 7 would get me a win, I would probably take it...

If you don't believe in 7 as a key number in the NBA, look at the final 3 games on Saturday night...All 3 were close games (I was flipping between all 3 of them on my DTV) and the winning margin was --- 7 --- for all 3 games...

So I will pass here but will be watching the 2H...

I have zero opinion on the Port/OKC game...

No comments:

Post a Comment